dgtl fmnsm is a feature request for more radical thinking on the routine involvement of digital technologies in a culture currently dominated by the media. The look and theory of dgtl fmnsm's entertaining art interventions involve participants using their bodies as a meaningful form of expression in a world that is changing course in the light of digital technologies, online culture and political necessity.
The central visual object in the room is a utopian feminist installation by a secret feminist squad of woman artists (GFS = Geheimes Feministisches Squad). This room-sized installation is the basic setting for a session lasting three days during which information will be relayed and received which sheds light on the issue of technological forms of emancipation, the aim being to destabilise existing systems. This will take place as a joint event involving artists, activists and audience members.
Talking about the Internet, the essential, central part of the dgtl fmnsm lab is its website, which will be online at digitalfeminism.net before, during and after the festival. As well as texts, interviews and other content it will also regularly present artworks, videos and live events. During the festival it will also be physically present in the form of "obvious gates".
Workshops, lectures and performances featuring Helen Hester (Laboria Cuboniks), d-n-e, Dorota Gaweda & Egle Kulbokaite (Young Girl Reading Group), Billy Bultheel & Enad Marouf (Reality Tales/Mental Surgeries) will explore the depths of feminist issues and give them a concrete aesthetic form. This will also take place in a daily live show curated by the American Shawné Michaelain Holloway, who describes herself as a "dirty new media artist".
THURSDAY, 10 NOV 2016
18. 00 Opening: Space Design and Installation by the GFS (secret feminist squad)
FRIDAY, 11 NOV 2016
13. 00 room installation by GFS opens
13. 00 public board meeting with artists, activists and curators
18. 00 Artist Talk and Introduction: dgtl fmnsm and Gleam. Future, reflections. (Live-Online Show) pres. works by Anna Zett / Techno Candy / Tabita Rezaire
22. 00 Performance by Reality Tales/Mental Surgeries
SATURDAY, 12 NOV 2016
13. 00 Installation by GFS opens
13. 00 Workshop with Reality Tales / Mental Surgeries
15. 00 Workshop: Young Girl Reading Group #135 w Luciana Parisi's - "The Nanoengineering of Desire"
17. 00 Lecture by Helen Hester (Laboria Cuboniks): Gender is a Workplace Technology
18. 30 Lecture Performance Xenoethics by d-n-e
20. 00 GLEAM. Future, reflections. Part II (Live-Online Show)
22. 30 Late Night Feminism & Open Space
SUNDAY, 13 NOV 2016
15. - 22.00 Installation by the GFS
During the festival, the program will be broadcasted live on the website. Anyone attending the Festival gets candy.
Concept and realization: Thomas Dumke / Ulla Heinrich / Konstanze Schütze
dgtl fmnsm visuals: Cindy Beuhlah
web site digitalfeminism.net
: Sven Dämmig